2015/16 Recruitment Season
Graduate Medical Education (GME) is happy to announce that all 12 of our positions were matched on AOA Match Day, February 8, 2016! We are excited to start the new academic year with our incoming residents on July 1, 2016!
We already look forward to the 2015-16 recruitment season opening September 1, 2015!
The following PGY-1 position openings for the July 1, 2016 start date are:
- Internal Medicine (Match Code #45950) 5 positions
- Family Medicine (Match Code #45946) 3 positions
- Emergency Medicine (Match Code #45945) 4 positions
- Combined Emergency/Internal Medicine Program: Recruitment for the 2016-2017 Academic Year is temporarily on hold due to the ACGME transition.". We anticipate resuming recruitment the following recruitment season to fill two (2) positions for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Before interviewing, we will need the following items via ERAS:
- Completed ERAS application
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School transcript from the College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Personal Statement
- MSPE (Dean's Letter) - *These will be sent out to the residency programs from the medical schools in October
- COMLEX Score reports for Part I, II & PE – Our programs prefer that your COMLEX II score report is submitted before your interview is scheduled. All three score reports are required to be on file before your application will be considered for ranking in January.
Decisions concerning employment are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or marital status in accordance with Federal and Ohio law. St. John Medical Center has a Non-Tobacco use policy. New hires are tested for all tobacco use as part of the pre-employment lab screening process. Anyone not passing the screening will not be employed.
2015/16 Interview Schedule:
Interview dates are subject to change.
Interviews for Internal Medicine applicants will be conducted on the following dates in the a.m. hours (8:30 am
- 12:00 Noon):
- October 5th and 6th (Monday and Tuesday)
- October 8th and 9th (Thursday and Friday)
- November 9th and 10th (Monday and Tuesday)
- November 12th and 13th (Thursday and Friday)
- December 7th and 8th (Monday and Tuesday)
- December 10th and 11th (Thursday and Friday)
Interview dates for Emergency Medicine applicants will be conducted on the
following dates in the a.m. hours (8:30 - Noon):
2ND & 3RD WEEKS IN SEPTEMBER, 2015:
- Tuesday, September 8 - EM
- Friday, September 11th - EM
- Tuesday, September 15 - EM
- Friday, September 18th - EM
2ND & 3RD WEEKS IN NOVEMBER, 2015:
- Monday, November 2 - EM
- Tuesday, November 3 - EM
- Wednesday, November 4 - EM
- Friday, November 6th - EM
- Monday, November 16 - EM
- Tuesday, November 17 - EM
- Wednesday, November 18 - EM
- Friday, November 20th - EM
1ST & 3RD WEEKS IN DECEMBER, 2015:
- Monday, November 30 - EM
- Tuesday, December 1 - EM
- Wednesday, December 2 - EM
- Friday, December 4 - EM
- Monday, December 14 - EM
- Tuesday, December 15 - EM
- Wednesday, December 16 - EM
- Friday, December 18th - EM
1ST & 2ND WEEKS IN JANUARY, 2016:
- Monday, January 4 - EM
- Tuesday, January 5 - EM
- Wednesday, January 6 - EM
- Friday, January 8th - EM
- Monday, January 11 - EM
- Tuesday, January 12 - EM
- Wednesday, January 13 - EM
- Friday, January 15th - EM
When should I expect to hear about the scheduling of an interview after I've submitted my ERAS application?
Though we are accepting ERAS applications now, our official recruitment season and the scheduling of interviews does not start until after Labor Day (Sept 2).
If I submit my ERAS application without my personal statement, will this put me at a disadvantage?
No, every day we load the ERAS updates and anything you submit later will be automatically loaded to our ERAS applicant file. We do suggest, however, submitting your COMLEX 2 scores as soon as possible!
What does a typical interview day look like? What should I plan for?
The typical day is from 8:00 am through lunch (1:30 pm). You will be meeting with the Program Director, Senior residents in the program and typically with the DME and the GME Administrator. You will be taken for a hospital tour and out to lunch with the other applicants who are interviewing the same day.
Back to: Top