2015/16 Recruitment Season
We already look forward to the 2015-16 recruitment season opening September 1, 2015!
The following PGY-1 position openings for the July 1, 2016 start date are:
- Internal Medicine (Match Code #45911) – 4 positions
- Family Medicine (Match Code #45946) – 2 positions
- Emergency Medicine (Match Code #45945) – 4 positions
- Combined Internal Medicine/Emergency Medicine (Match Code #45951) – 2 positions
Before interviewing, we will need the following items via ERAS:
- Completed ERAS application
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School transcript from the College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Personal Statement
- MSPE (Dean’s Letter) - *These will be sent out to the residency programs from the medical schools in October
- COMLEX Score reports for Part I, II & PE – Our programs prefer that your COMLEX II score report is submitted before your interview is scheduled. All three score reports are required to be on file before your application will be considered for ranking in January.
Decisions concerning employment are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or marital status in accordance with Federal and Ohio law. St. John Medical Center has a Non-Tobacco use policy. New hires are tested for all tobacco use as part of the pre-employment lab screening process. Anyone not passing the screening will not be employed.
2015/16 Interview Schedule:
- October 5th and 6th (Monday and Tuesday)
- October 8th and 9th (Thursday and Friday)
- November 9th and 10th (Monday and Tuesday)
- November 12th and 13th (Thursday and Friday)
- December 7th and 8th (Monday and Tuesday)
- December 10th and 11th (Thursday and Friday)
Interviews for Internal Medicine applicants will be conducted on the following dates: TO BE DETERMINED
Interview dates for Emergency Medicine, Combined Internal Medicine/Emergency Medicine, and Family Medicine will be posted by August 1st.
When should I expect to hear about the scheduling of an interview after I’ve submitted my ERAS application?
Though we are accepting ERAS applications now, our official recruitment season and the scheduling of interviews does not start until after Labor Day (Sept 2).
If I submit my ERAS application without my personal statement, will this put me at a disadvantage?
No, every day we load the ERAS updates and anything you submit later will be automatically loaded to our ERAS applicant file. We do suggest, however, submitting your COMLEX 2 scores as soon as possible!
What does a typical interview day look like? What should I plan for?
The typical day is from 8:00 am through lunch (1:30 pm). You will be meeting with the Program Director, Senior residents in the program and typically with the DME and the GME Administrator. You will be taken for a hospital tour and out to lunch with the other applicants who are interviewing the same day.
Back to: Top