The Pain Management Center
The Pain Management Center at St. John Medical Center was established to provide medical services to individuals suffering from chronic,
acute or cancer pain conditions. The program offers a comprehensive evaluation of each patient and innovative therapies to individuals suffering
from a variety of syndromes associated with pain.
We offer a multi-disciplinary, team approach to the treatment of chronic pain, while working with other hospital services such as physical therapy,
behavioral health and new addiction medicine program.
We will treat pain associated with these conditions:
- Severe back and neck pain (including herniated discs, spinal stenosis and fibromyalgia)
- Cancer pain
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)complex regional pain syndrome
- Post Herpetic Neuralgia (PHN)
- Diabetic and vascular neuropathy
- Chronic abdominal and pelvic pain
- Muscle and joint pain associated with nervous system disorders, including trigeminal neuralgia (facial pain)
- Post Laminectomy Syndrome or Failed Back Syndrome: recurrences of back or leg pain following back surgery - when surgery is no longer an option
- Pain associated with AIDS
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Intractable spasticity associated with multiple sclerosis or spinal cord injuries
- Pain associated with osteoporosis and vertebral compression fracture
The Pain Management Center Brochure
Latest Advancements Video
Meet Abdallah Kabbara, MD,
Medical Director, SJMC Pain Management Center
What to bring for your first appointment:
- Myelogram films
- all reports relating to your pain condition
Your referring physician's office should be able to assist you in obtaining these films and records.
- A list of medications you have taken in the past as well as those you are currently taking and the effectiveness of these medications. If you
are in doubt, it is often helpful to bring the medication with you.
- Allergic reactions to any medications are important to note
- When appropriate, a referal letter and consult notes from your attending physician can be delivered to the Pain Management Center prior to your
Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Call 440-827-5058 for information or appointments.
Back to: Top | Health Services