AOA 4-year accredited program
100% AOBEM Part 1 board pass rate
ACOEP 16 approved positions - 100% filled
Four (4) OGME-1 positions open starting July 1, 2014.
Also, two (2) Combined Internal Medicine/Emergency Medicine OGME-1 position available.
July 2014 Incoming EM & EM/IM Residents:
Mary Postel, D.O. - LECOM
Bao Pham, D.O. - KCUMB
Autumn Schwed, D.O. - RVU-COM
Matthew Stevens, D.O. - LECOM
July 2013 Incoming EM Residents:
Christopher Bishop, DO -VCOM
Patrick Spirnak, DO – LECOM
George Asaad, DO - OUHCOM
- Level III Trauma Status
- Trauma & Life Flight rotations at MetroHealth
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Akron Children’s Hospital
- Part of the Northeast Emergency Medicine Consortium sharing weekly didactics
- Animal lab to practice ATLS procedures
- ED Ultrasound training
- Oral Board Review, Journal Club, Skills Lab
- ACLS & PALS annually
- Educational Stipend
- Community EMS experience
- Resident Research Project
- Monthly lectures with EM residents throughout Ohio
- Attend Ohio ACEP & Chicago ACOEP Review Course
Current Emergency Medicine Research Topics:
- CPAP use in ARF in the outpatient setting
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and airway procedures
- Pharmacotherapy to reduce arterial pressure in hypertensive emergency
- Patient presenting in the ED with abdominal pain
- Segregating left bundle branch block into those with chest pain and those without
- Has ultrasound guided peripheral IV placement lowered the number of central lines in a community hospital?
- Arterial v/s arm BP cuff differential
- In patients having undergone a cardiac catherization, does the presence of a new LBBB increase the likelihood of significant coronary disease as seen on cardiac catherization?
- Is resident-performed compression ultrasound reliable in the detection of lower extremity deep venous thrombosis?
- Intubation: Does the stylet really matter?
- Post cardiac arrest success with LUCAS at a community hospital
Gennaro Romanello, D.O.
Assistant Program Director
Dr. Robert Tanzer
Dr. Derek Moore
Dr. Robert McMorrow
Dr. Edward Richter
Dr. Jenny Arman
Dr. Todd O’Neil