Diabetes Education Classes 2015
Comprehensive Diabetes Self-Management Education covered over
Classes are taught by Diabetes Team:
- Diabetes Nurse
- Registered Dietitian
- Registered Pharmacist
Class topics include:
- Basic and advanced information about diabetes management.
- How to make healthy food choices and meal planning.
- Incorporating physical activity into lifestyle.
- Safe and appropriate use of medications.
- Blood sugar monitoring and management of high and low readings.
- How to prevent long-term complications
January 6, 13, 20, 27 (Evenings 6:00-7:30 pm)
March 3, 10, 17, 24 (Evenings 6:00-7:30 pm)
May 5, 12, 19, 26 (Evenings 6:00-7:30 pm)
July 7, 14, 21, 28 (Evenings 6:00-7:30 pm)
September 1, 8, 15, 22 (Evenings 6:00-7:30 pm)
November 3, 10, 17, 24 (Evenings 6:00-7:30 pm)
Services are billable to your insurance provider. A physician
referral is needed.
We can assist with this.
Location: Classes are held at the Westlake Family
Health Center not SJMC
26908 Detroit Rd. 3rd floor, Westlake, Ohio 44145
To register call 440-827-5668 or if you have questions
regarding classes call 440-827-5341.
Back to: Top | Health Services